Investor-owned electric utility companies and electric cooperatives are experiencing great changes in energy rates and demands, regulations and technologies. The experienced professionals at CarlsonSV CPAs and Advisors are here for you. We work with utility clients in many communities to explore these changes and help them build a solid plan for the future.
We stay up to date on government auditing standards and new tax credits and incentives that may apply to you. For cooperatives, we are experienced with capital credit calculations and maintaining tax exempt status to help you serve your members and manage your organization. We understand accounting in accordance with regulations unique to electric utilities.
- Audits, reviews, compilations and agreed-upon procedures
- Assistance on accounting transactions
- Assistance with implementation of accounting standards
- Board governance
- Budgets and projections
- Financial reporting
- Capital credit calculations and advisory
- Peer group comparison/benchmarking
- Renewables investment due diligence (tax planning)
- Tax credits and incentives consultation
- Tax planning and reporting