CarlsonSV specializes in performing audits of state and local governments with an emphasis on cities and townships. Our dedicated team understands the needs of the governmental landscape for maintaining compliance with regulatory standards — providing stakeholders with the assurance necessary for governmental reporting.
Our governmental knowledge offers municipalities invaluable insights to support responsible stewardship of taxpayer resources and the extension of insightful governance to the public sector.
We help clients determine when an annual audit is required in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and, if applicable, Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book). This includes clients that require a Single Audit in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
We work closely with you so that you are informed and comfortable with the process, your requirements and the finalized reports.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping services
- Compliance audits
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
- Preparation of financial statements
- Regulatory reporting and filings
- Single audits
Our clients include:
- Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- Housing and Redevelopment Authorities (HRAs)
- Joint Powers Boards
- Economic Development Authorities (EDAs)
- Municipal Liquor Stores
- Police and Fire Departments
- Utilities (Water, Sewer, Electric, Natural Gas and Others)
Whether we are auditing financial statements, evaluating internal controls or advising on best practices, the team at CarlsonSV helps you enhance fiscal responsibility and maintain public trust.
Your Key Contacts
CarlsonSV is a member of the AICPA Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC)